Cabo, Mexico June 28th – July 13th
Trip Leader: Bill Walden
Availability: Room is limited so please contact Pastor Bill if you are interested in serving on this trip.
THE PLAN: Fly to San Diego, and drive 2 ½ days to Cabo San Lucas. We will begin ministry in Cabo San Lucas, and then drive north, stopping at a total of 7 cities. Cities we will visit include Cabo San Lucas, La Paz, Cuidad Insurgentes, Loreto, Santa Rosalia, Vizcaino, and Punta Colonet.
COST AND TRAVEL BREAKDOWN:
Round trip airfare from Oakland – San Diego: $206, but subject to change as prices increase.
GAS: $150. We will not rent vans, but travel in Sojourner Mission vehicles.
LODGING: We will stay in homes or in churches, sleeping on cots. Sleeping bag needed.
FOOD: The churches will feed us many of our meals. You can budget about $10 per day for additional meals. How much food money you bring is up to you. Suggested food budget is $160.
Who Can Go
This trip will be limited to about 10-12 people. It is open first to members of Cornerstone, high school and older. After May 1, people from other churches are welcome to sign up if spaces are still available.
A $250 deposit will reserve your spot. The balance of the money isn’t needed until the time of departure. Make checks payable to: CORNERSTONE MISSIONS. Submit your check in a tithe envelope, and write “Baja Summer Trip” on the envelope. Include your full name and date of birth. Deposits are non-refundable, as they will be used to purchase your airfare.
Passports are mandatory. If you have previously traveled on missions trips with Cornerstone, you are cleared to go. If you have never been on a trip, you must fill out a Missions Trip Application. The staff reserves the right to determine who is suited for this trip.
Missions application must be filled out, and you must be approved for this trip.
What To Bring
- Contact info
- Medical information
- Please inform your leader of any medications you plan on taking with you. Please include information about the medication.
- Personal toiletry items including towel and washcloth
- Bring a pillow for the car ride you will need it then.
- Water bottle with your name on it (We will purchase purified water for our trip. We do not drink native water even from restaurants or ice)
- Bring appropriate sleepwear (We will have separate sleeping areas but dress modestly)
- Bring money for meals on the way there and back and one or two meals in Mexico. Also consider bringing extra spending money for any shopping or border buying you might want to do.
- Bring your passport!
- You may want to bring things like stomach medicine i.e. Tums, Pepto Bismol, Tucks medicated pads, you get the idea
- Bring shoes that you can wear in rough areas
- A camera if you like (The kids love to have their picture taken)
- Make sure that the clothing you bring is modest.
- Bring something with a collar to wear to church like a polo shirt. Girls if you would like to wear jeans that is just fine.
What Not To Bring
- No smoking, alcohol, drugs, drug related items, or incendiary items are allowed
- Do not buy anything like this in Mexico.
- No knives, etc..
- Nothing that is sexually immoral or suggestive will be allowed. (including clothing)
- Things like these will be taken and disposed of.
- Anything that might distract you from serving the Lord. (If you are unsure please ask your leader trip.)
- Bring a good attitude. Prepare your hearts now before we leave.
- We are going to serve the Lord in whatever way He leads, so be available to be used by Him in anyway He sees fit.
- We are also there for the Mexican people not ourselves so be careful about your own liberties in Christ.
- No guy/girl relationships.
- We don’t want to stumble the people or our fellow brothers/sisters in Christ.
- Be cautious of the way we interact with each other, even in phileo affection.
- Limit your luggage to 1 medium bag and one backpack. Our space is limited. Pillow or whatever you need to make your trip there and back more comfortable is fine, just be considerate of others in the car as it will be pretty crammed.
Love you guys and can’t wait to serve with you!
If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Leader Contact Info
Name: Bill Walden
Phone: 707 738-8565
Please “Like Us” on Facebook for the most up to date information.